Thursday, August 27, 2015

An Evening in the Discovery Gardens at Thanksgiving Point.

One of my most favorite ways to spend a summer evening is visiting the Discovery Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. The temperatures are cooler, the lighting is beautiful, the flowers are incredible, and I haven't really noticed any mosquitoes. On Tuesdays in August the entry fee is only two-dollars, which means although it is too late to go this year on a Tuesday in August, plan for next year.  For the past four years this has been a tradition for us to visit the gardens with grandparents and cousins. My girls love to run around and smell the flowers and pick out their favorites. Because I don't know much about flowers I am usually not able to name them, but sometimes that leads to the fun of trying to research or "solve the mystery" as my five-year-old likes to say. Our favorite gardens include the Smell Garden, Secret Garden, Carousel Garden, and of course the waterfall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment