Tuesday, June 16, 2015

10 Reasons Why I Love My Chacos


Chaco Sandals are hands down my favorite shoes ever, especially in the summertime. I wear them practically everyday because they are so versatile. Here are ten of the reasons why these are a part of my summer (and sometimes spring and fall) "uniform". 
  1. The Cost Per Wear is phenomenal. Prior to meeting my husband I had never spent more than $20-30 for a pair of shoes. When he took me to REI a few weeks after we got married and bought me my first pair of Chacos for around $100, I about choked when I saw the price. But as I wore them day after day and realized how comfortable they were, and when my first pair lasted me for 5 years before the vibrum sole and foot bed cracked in half, I realized that I was more than getting my moneys worth. 
  2. Easily repairable. If I had taken them to a cobbler to be resoled sooner, my first pair could have been rescued quite easily.
  3. Easily cleaned. Any shoe that is worn frequently has the tendency to acquire a smell. Chacos are extremely easy to clean. Sometimes all they need is a good rinse with the hose, on other occasions I scrub them with a little baking soda and water. 
  4. Truly an all-purpose shoe. I've worn my Chacos hiking (not always a good idea but they are comfortable), swimming, on long-walks, running around with my kids, etc. I would even wear them to church if I could (after all they are one of my most expensive pairs of shoes), but I have to draw the line there.
  5. Dress Up and Dress Down. Chacos can be worn with jeans, shorts, and casual skirts and look alright. They come in multiple colors and styles which makes them a little more fun, although they are a very utilitarian type of shoe. 
  6. They are so comfortable. I have never enjoyed wearing shoes that hurt my feet (I rarely wear heels) and Chacos are hands down the most comfortable shoes that I have ever worn. They were especially comfortable when I was pregnant with both of my girls. 
  7. They are adjustable. The straps can be adjusted to fit your feet perfectly. 
  8. They give the wearer an outdoorsy vibe
  9. The give the one set of tan lines that I don't mind getting. 
  10. They remind me of summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment