Monday, April 6, 2015

Countdown to Europe: A few foods that I am excited to try.

Here are a few of the food items that I look forward to trying in London and Paris, in no particular order.

1. Fish and Chips and Mashed Peas - I am sure that this is nothing extraordinary, but I want to try pub grub and this seems like the best thing to order.
2. Galaxy Chocolate with Honeycomb - I have heard that these are delicious.
3. Pain au chocolat - I have only had the ones sold at Trader Joe's, I'm really excited to compare.
4. Mi-cuit au chocolat (petit) - I asked my friend who lived in Paris for a year about dessert and she said that this is her favorite. She described it as a chocolate cake with a dense chocolate center.
5. Macaroons - I have only tried the ones they sell at Trader Joe's and they are good but I don't understand the complete obsession that some people have. I'm hoping to see what the big deal is about by trying one in France.
5. Fresh Baguette - I cannot wait!
6. French cheese - I love Brie, I'm excited to try some other new cheeses.
7. Croque Madame - Ham and cheese sandwich with cheese and an egg on top. This looks and sounds so good!
8. Crepes - I figure I have to try one here.
9. Biscuit with clotted cream and jam - I've heard nothing but good things about clotted cream. This sounds so English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment