Friday, April 15, 2016

Under Our Favorite Tree

Every spring my girls and I eagerly anticipate the blossoms on our cherry tree. At full bloom they usually only last for a day or two until the wind starts to carry them away, so we make a special effort to spend as much time outside under the tree as we can. Sometimes this is easier said than done because during the sunny hours of the day the tree is literally buzzing with hundreds of bees. This year I was so afraid that the tree would bloom while we were away in Oregon and that we would miss it, thankfully we did not. 
The buds right before we left on our trip. 
Showing off in full glory two days after we came home from our trip!


Mostly we sit under the tree and eat popsicles, ride bikes, and read. But I also like to pull out my wedding dress each April around our wedding anniversary and let the girls look at it. This year I couldn't resist letting them try it on by the tree and then taking a few pictures of my dress with the blossoms. I know that many people think that wedding dresses sticking around are just clutter, but I like that I still have mine. I still love the light and silky chiffon fabric and the simple but classic beading on the dress, eight years later.
My favorite time that we spent under the tree this year was after the peak bloom when the wind was blowing the blossoms down upon us like snow. We brought out the afghan that my great-grandma made for me and had a fun little tea party and even had real chocolate cake with it. Both girls enjoyed themselves so much that we plan to make this a yearly tradition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment