Monday, January 11, 2016

My Go-to Winter Fruit Salad

I cannot take credit for the deliciousness that is this recipe, only for the pretty photos that I took of what is now my go-to potluck dish for winter parties. Sadly pomegranate season is of very short duration, otherwise this would be my go-to dish year-round. I found this recipe for a Winter Fruit Salad and it is just too good not to share. It is very simple and very healthy. It calls for the following:

2 Pink Lady Apples, cored and diced
2 Pears, cored and diced
4-6 Mandarin Oranges, peeled and separated (This is my modification and I think it tastes better this way, the original recipe called for 2 large oranges) 
Seeds from 1 Pomegranate 
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 T Honey
Mint (The original recipe calls for the mint as a garnish but I think the mint adds a nice kick to the salad and tastes great so I say why not add more and incorporate it, not just use it as a garnish.) 

Mix it all together and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment