Thursday, October 8, 2015

Apple Crisp: a simple family recipe.

We have a serious obsession with apples at our house. I can buy sixteen apples at the store and they are gone two days later. As someone who formerly disliked fruit (I'm crazy, I know) I find it hard to believe that I often crave fruity desserts and this apple crisp recipe is one of my go-to recipes. I got the recipe five years ago when we visited my husband's great uncle and great aunt in North Carolina. Great Aunt Julee was born and raised in the South and this is the recipe she grew up eating. It is simple, quick to prepare, and delicious...especially when topped with vanilla ice cream. 

  Apple Crisp
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, followed by 300 degrees for 30 minutes. 
1. Grease a large baking dish with butter and set aside.
2. Peel and slice enough apples (approximately 5-6) to fill the baking dish.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the following until crumbly: 1 cup Flour, 1 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 unbeaten egg. Cover apples with this mixture.
4. Melt 1/3 cup butter in the microwave and pour over all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment