Monday, June 22, 2015

I found this fun format for a "taking stock" post on an Australian blog that I read. It was fun to sit down and as quickly as I could answer the following prompts:

making : Cheese, sometime soon. I went to a neighborhood activity and attended a mini-class where I was taught how to make mozzarella. I’ve gathered nearly all of the supplies, just need to grab a few more.
cooking : Recipes that don’t involve turning on the oven in an effort to be energy efficient. We’ve been eating a lot of sandwiches, salads, and grilled meals.
drinking : Lots of ice water. We finally decided to that we should keep our freezer stocked with bags of ice because it helps us to drink more water during the hot summer months.
wanting : A new camera.  
playing : My oldest is playing a lot of t-ball, although the season just ended. She enjoyed it though!
deciding : What to cook for dinner tonight, I’m thinking pizza.
wishing : Summer would last forever.
enjoying : The kayak that we bought for $50 last fall.
waiting : For the paint to dry on a craft project we just completed. “Fairy Houses” for a fairy garden we are installing in our backyard.
liking : Caprese Sandwiches, we had them last night for dinner.
wondering :
loving : Swimming lessons. The girls have learned so much. It was really fun taking the Parent Tot Class.
pondering : What book I would like to read next.
considering : Going to see a movie.
watching : Lost, we’ve been re-watching the entire show at night after the kids go to bed.
hoping : That the plants in my garden won’t die and will produce vegetables this year.
marveling : At how fast time passes.
needing : a pedicure.
smelling : Peonies...in my yard for a few weeks and now in the house because I bought some Mrs. Meyers All Purpose cleaner that smells like peonies.  
wearing : Lots of skirts and shorts. And my Chacos, non-stop.
noticing : That I need to clean my Chacos.
knowing : That I need to go to bed earlier tonight.
thinking : About WWII, because the book I am reading about is set during that time period.
sorting : Through stuff that I should get rid of.
buying : A car sometime in the next few months, hopefully.
getting : Excited for a few summer trips.
disliking : The fact that in two-months, my oldest daughter starts school. I would keep her home with me forever if I could.
opening : The washing machine to take out the laundry and hang it up to dry.
giggling : At the silly things that our almost two-year old does. She is pretty funny.
feeling :   Very content and happy that it is summer.
snacking : On lots of popcorn (the girls are, I don’t love popcorn).
coveting : New cameras...
helping : My daughter finish up her last few weeks of pre-school.
hearing : Lots of Taylor Swift, we have her music on repeat right now. My girls especially love the song “Bad Blood.”
looking : For birthday present ideas for my youngest

No comments:

Post a Comment