Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Snack Time: Easy and Cheap Pudding Pops

I suppose I can't say that these pudding pops are easier to make than Otter Pops, because you actually have to follow a few more steps than just placing them in the freezer. You have to mix the pudding, put it into the popsicle mold, and then wash the popsicle mold when the pudding pops are gone. Not a ton of effort and I like to think that they have a little more nutritional value in them because of the milk used to make the pudding.

Here is what you will need:
1 box of instant pudding, any flavor. I used the 5.25 oz package because it makes eight and I have eight spots in my popsicle mold. 
Milk (see package for amount)

I am sure I'm not the first person to think of these, but they've been a huge hit at our house for the past several weeks that I have to document this in case I forget and try to complicate things again.
I used to go through more effort in actually following a recipe, some of my favorites came from the Our Best Bites blog. The pudding pops from these recipes are delicious but call for extra ingredients such as half-and-half, which I don't always have on hand. After trying these a few times with the kids liking these just as much or better, for their snack time I will be sticking with these. Of course when I feel like a pudding pop, I will probably choose the fancier versions. 

So far their favorite flavors have been pistachio and vanilla. They said that the chocolate pudding pops were just ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment