Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My "Fancy" Birthday Dinner Plans

One of my favorite meals ever is a good sandwich. When I moved to Washington, D.C. for a few months back in 2007 I was introduced to the deliciousness that is a Potbelly Sandwich, and I fell in love. Countless people had to listen to me rave about how good their sandwiches are, how there were no close comparisons in my part of the country, etc, etc. After years of cravings and resorting to desperate measures (including eating there for a few days straight on one trip to the East Coast, making myself almost late for a flight, and making my sister pick one up in the Chicago Airport and fly it home to me) there is finally a Potbelly Sandwich shop in the same state! It's a bit of a drive to get there but it is worth it. This is where I've requested to go to dinner this week for my birthday. It's not fancy but it is oh so delicious! 
January 2007 - My first night in Washington, D.C. when I moved out there for a semester. 
2009 - A quick stop on a teaching cohort trip to the District.
2011 - Introducing my daughter to the deliciousness of Potbelly Sandwich Works
2015 - Grand Opening of the Sugar House Potbelly Sandwich Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment